Overture to Christmas in 21st Year
Just as an orchestra warms up an audience with a taste of the music to come, so does the town of Chester with its annual “Overture to Christmas.”Now in its 21st year, the event has grown to accommodate a number of holiday-themed events taking place locally. Details…
And if you are thinking you want to make Chester your new home, give me a call or visit my website. Here you can view all homes for sale, get current market values and more.
Mild weather is delaying opening of ski areas. The lack of snow coupled with rain and warmer-than-normal temperatures have forced even the largest ski areas in the state to delay their scheduled openings. There is a lot of cold air in Canada however it has not been able to push down here yet. Experts are watching the weather very closely in hopes of opening Thanksgiving weekend. Details
Thinking of buying or selling a vacation home in Vermont? Visit my website to view all real estate listings, get the current value of your home and more!
A common misconception is that trying to sell a home during the holidays is a bad idea. If you are serious about selling, it can be an excellent time to list. During the holidays buyers are more serious. They have a different motivation like using vacation time to search for property. They’re doing that because they have to buy, rather than want to buy. Remember Thanksgiving and Christmas is one day a piece not two months.
10 reasons why you should list your home during the holidays
1. Most November and December buyers are particularly serious and very likely facing some sort of deadline.
2. January is the biggest transfer month of the year and job transferee’s use the holidays to house hunt.
3. Many people want to buy before the end of the year for financial and tax reasons. Investors usually want to close escrow by year-end for tax purposes.
4. Most sellers wait until spring or summer to list their home. This means that during the winter months your property will have far less competition versus any other time of the year.
5. Homes show well when decorated for the holidays creating a sense of family and people are much more emotionally drawn to the house, emotion sells.
6. Many people take vacation around the holidays allowing more time to look for a home.
7. Remodeling, decorating, appliance installation and other services are more available and at less of a premium.
8. There is plenty of mortgage money available for buyers.
9. Lenders aren’t as busy and can process loans faster.
10. Showings will be fewer and less intrusive, but more likely to be fruitful with motivated, qualified buyers.
Visit my website if you are thinking of selling your home.