The ‘American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009‘ which became law on February 17, promotes energy independence and green jobs through tax credits and government grants. This is part of an effort to make Ludlow VT homes and buildings more energy efficient.
Energy saving provisions include:
- $6 billion to state and local governments for energy efficiency and conservation grants for energy audits, retrofits and financial incentives.
- 30% tax credit (increased from 10%) to homeowners for new furnaces, windows and insulation.
- $5 billion to modernize the nation’s electricity grid and install smart meters on homes, saving homeowners money.
- $5 billion for weatherization assistance for low income households.
- $2 billion for federally assisted housing (section 8) efficiency efforts.
This bill is good news for Ludlow VT homeowners wanting to make their homes more energy efficient. Interested in buying a Ludlow VT home? Visit ISellVermontRealEstate.com.