Many Rutland and Okemo Mountain VT home sellers look at the first offer on their home as just that, the First Offer with many more to come. You know what they say, ‘A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.’ And in the current Buyers Market, offers are few and far between. Rutland and Okemo Mountain VT home sellers will want to consider the first offer very seriously. Here are reasons why:
- An early offer (if you’re lucky!) doesn’t necessarily mean buyers are lining up to follow suit. It could just mean that your home meets the needs or preferences of that one particular buyer who made the offer.
- Your home will get the most interest from buyers just after it goes on the market. The longer it stays on the market, the more “desperate” buyers will think you are, prompting lower and lower offers.
- Even if the first offer is thousands lower than your list price, consider carefully whether it might be enough — in terms of price and contract terms — before rejecting it out of hand. After all, the longer your home is on the market, the more it costs you in mortgage payments, taxes, insurance, upkeep and sheer inconvenience.
- If the offered price and contract terms are less than ideal, start negotiations by making a counteroffer, being as flexible with the terms as possible. It isn’t uncommon for buyers to offer a price below what they are truly willing to pay, sometimes much below, just to see if they can buy under market.
An offer indicates serious interest in your home — don’t underestimate that but don’t take it for granted, either.
Thinking of selling your Rutland or Okemo Mountain VT home? We’ll be happy to work with you to fine-tune your home’s listing price so it fits our local market. We can also advise you on what would make your home more saleable at low cost to you. Most importantly, we can put our expertise to work for you when it comes time to negotiate with potential buyers. Learn more about us by visiting ISellVermontRealEstate.com.
According to the recently released Real Estate Roundtable’s Sentiment Survey, real estate experts think market conditions are improving despite the credit crunch.
Nearly 60 percent of the survey’s 120 respondents expect market conditions to improve within a year. Although 88 percent of the respondents think loans are tougher to get now compared to a year ago, 68 percent predict conditions will improve in the next year.
Their optimism is based on an uptick in the Overall Q2 2009 Sentiment Index. Measured on a scale of 1-100, the index evaluates surveys from recent quarters and calculates an overall average. Currently the index rests at 41, up from 38 last quarter and 33 six months ago.
What do these figures really mean for Rutland VT home buyers? It means the market is bottoming out, prices have reached bottom or close to it and now is the time to buy a Rutland VT home. Don’t be one of those people next year who has to say, “I wish I had bought last year when prices were low.” Give me a call today and for the best deal on your next Rutland Vt home!
Maple Hill is one of Vermont’s most beautiful venues. Although only 7 minutes from Jackson gore, this property offers serenity, privacy and splendor. The 4-bedroom, 4-bath Georgian Ranch fits right into the 18.63 acres which include a pond, a pool, exceptional landscaping and majestic mountain views. A great room features a Rumford fireplace abd the kitchen has granite countertops and commercial-grade appliances. The master suite includes the bedroom, a sitting room, a fireplace and a whirlpool. With a full, walk-out lower level, this home’s 5,200 s.f. will comfortably and elegantly accommodate your family and friends. More land is available – making a total of approximately 65 acres – so bring the horses! There are wonderful meadows for riding, hiking, cross-country skiing and communing with nature’s best in beautiful southern Vermont. Offered for: $1,295,000.00
To put the best face on your Ludlow or Rutland VT home and appeal to buyers who follow feng shui principles, keep these tips in mind.
1. Pay special attention to the front door, which is considered the “mouth of chi” (chi is the “life force” of all things) and one of the most powerful aspects of the entire property. Abundance, blessings, opportunities, and good fortune enter through the front door. It’s also the first impression buyers have of how well the sellers have taken care of the rest of the property. Make sure the area around the front door is swept clean, free of cobwebs and clutter. Make sure all lighting is straight and properly hung. Better yet, light the path leading up to the front door to create an inviting atmosphere.
2. Chi energy can be flushed away wherever there are drains in the home. To keep the good forces of a home in, always keep the toilet seats down and close the doors to bathrooms.
3. The master bed should be in a place of honor, power, and protection, which is farthest from and facing toward the entryway of the room. It’s even better if you can place the bed diagonally in the farthest corner. Paint the room in colors that promote serenity, relaxation, and romance, such as soft tones of green, blue, and lavender.
4. The dining room symbolizes the energy and power of family togetherness. Make sure the table is clear and uncluttered during showings. Use an attractive tablecloth to enhance the look of the table while also softening sharp corners.
5. The windows are considered to be the eyes of the home. Getting the windows professionally cleaned will make the home sparkle and ensure that the view will be optimally displayed.
Get more information about selling your Ludlow or RutlandVT home at ISellVermontRealEstate.com.
What’s the value of your Ludlow or Rutland VT home?
Source: Sell Your Home Faster With Feng Shui by Holly Ziegler (Dragon Chi Publications, 2001) Reprinted with permission Realtor Magazine.
JUST REDUCED! 3 separate buildings on 5.7 acres, plus possibilty of building another building. 2 story single family, singlewide mobile home, storefront with efficency. All apts are rented. Storefront can be another apt. or business. Excellent numbers! 2 barns on property – Across from the lake. INVESTORS DELIGHT! Offered for $149,000.00. E-mail or call for more info and to set up an appointment! Irene@isellvermontrealestate.com – 802-353-1983.