The so-called “American Dream” has, in the past, been an ideal goal for people which almost always included owning real estate. Due to the recent slowing of the real estate market, however, home ownership is often seen as more of a nightmare than a dream. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Even in a slower economy, purchasing Ludlow VT real estate can still be a step toward achieving your own “American Dream!”
Inman News reminds us some of the benefits and advantages that being a home owner will always offer:
- • The opportunity to build equity and create wealth over time.
• Protection from rent increases or eviction at the whim of a landlord.
• The pleasures of a relatively larger home, suitable for a family, and with a backyard, garage or other auxiliary space.
• The freedom — design review boards notwithstanding — to improve, remodel or redecorate to suit one’s own style and budget.
• A variety of lucrative income-tax breaks.
• Pride of ownership and a greater sense of security and stability.
If you are considering purchasing Ludlow VT real estate, now is the time! Don’t let the negative media attention on the market get you down – home ownership is still a realistic and attainable goal for most Americans.
What do you think is the single most important factor that determines why one property sells more quickly than another?
In the real estate world, we always hear “Location, Location, Location,” but according to a recent poll conducted by the National Association of Realtors, almost 2/3 of the respondents said price was the key factor.
The same results held true for sellers. “Getting the price right” was and is one of the most frequently cited challenges for sellers who are not represented by a Realtor®.
Other factors that were included in the poll were – no surprise here – location as well as condition of the property, staging, and upgrades.
In honor of Dear Old Dad, we are taking a week off from discussing Ludlow VT real estate. Father’s Day is coming up this Sunday, and there is plenty to do around Ludlow VT and Okemo Mountain to celebrate with the special father in your life.ISellVermontRealEstate.com to begin searching Ludlow VT real estate now!
Here are some little-known facts about Father’s Day:
– There are approximately 66.3 million fathers in the United States.
– The word “Dad” dates back to the sixteenth century, or possibly even earlier. It may have originated with the Welsh word “Tad” (meaning father), which later mutated to Dad. The word “Father” is derived from the Old English “Foeder”.
– A father ocean catfish carries the eggs of his young in his MOUTH until they are ready to be born (which may take several weeks!). During that time he cannot eat anything.
– Father penguins remain on their feet in arctic temperatures for 60 days or more to protect his eggs, he also cannot eat while guarding his eggs.
– Neckties lead the list of Father’s Day gifts, and there are 10,416 men’s clothing stores around the country.
– Other items high on the list of Father’s Day gifts include those you may find in dad’s toolbox, such as hammers, wrenches and screwdrivers. You could buy some of these items for dad at one of the nation’s 14,755 hardware stores or 5,280 home centers.
– There are 23,018 sporting goods stores. These stores are good places to purchase traditional gifts for dad such as fishing rods and golf clubs.
– There are approximately 98,000 “stay-at-home” dads. These are married fathers with children under 15 years old who have remained out of the labor force for more than one year primarily so they can care for the family while their wives work outside the home.
– Nearly 69 million Americans have participated in a barbeque in the last year — it’s probably safe to assume many of these barbeques took place on Father’s Day.
We’ll be back next week to discuss Ludlow VT real estate. Meanwhile, enjoy a fantastic weekend with dad and call me at 802-353-1983 or visit
“Staging” Ludlow VT real estate for sale has become a hot trend in the industry. Unlike some trends that are more trouble than they’re worth, however, this is one trend that can really pay off! Here are 12 reasons why you should consider staging your home on the market:
1. Turbo Boost Sales Time
Experts all agree and studies show staged homes sell quicker – sometimes up to 50% faster – than non-staged homes. Typically, when a home has been on the market for some time, buyers and agents will assume there must be something wrong with it or that the seller will be anxious to sell and will take much less than the asking price.
People’s first impression of your listing is critical. Staging gives you the best opportunity to make a positive first impression rather than a negative one. The stronger the impression, the less likely a potential buyer will be bothered if some things aren’t perfect.
3. Gone In 60 Seconds…
Psychology experts have proven that people react based on emotion and then seek logic to back up the feeling. From a real estate perspective, a buyer will make an initial reaction in less than a minute whether they like your listing or not. Then, after the potential buyer’s initial decision has been made, they will either confirm that decision or rescind it in the next 6 to 20 minutes as they tour the property. This is why proper staging is critical for any listing.
4. Ready, Set, Go – Move-In Ready Sells Faster
5. Imagination Not Included
Did you know that only 5% of the population can truly visualize how beautiful a home can be or see past the clutter, grime and so-so appearance? It’s true. Help potential buyers see themselves happily living in your listing and let the offers come pouring in. For vacation homes, help buyers envision themselves enjoying a family vacation in your property and reaping the rewards of renting it out to others on vacation.
6. Be the Needle In The Haystack
7. No Skeletons In The Closet
8. Appraise It High Or Go Home